About The Program
- New 2023 CPD standards and RCPA CPD – information for RCPA members: click here
- A reminder that all RCPA members should be up to date with all their RCPA CPD requirements as per the RCPA CPD policy and also comply with RCPA “Recency of practice” requirements. If you have any queries regarding your situation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information regarding RCPA recency of practice, please refer to the following:
- RCPA Position Statement - Recency of Practice - click here
- RCPA Policy - Continuing Professional Development Program - click here
- RCPA FAQ - Non-practicing Fellows and CPDP - click here
The RCPA Continuing Professional Development Program (RCPA CPDP) has been designed and updated to meet the strengthened CPD requirements for specialists registered with:
- The Medical Board of Australia (MBA)
- The Medical Council of New Zealand (MCNZ)
- The Dental Board of Australia (DBA)
- The Dental Council, New Zealand (DCNZ)
The CPDP is developed, promoted, monitored and evaluated by the Board of Education and Assessment. Significant changes to the program are endorsed by the Board of Directors.
Participation is compulsory for all registered specialists in active medical or dental practice in Australia or New Zealand. This includes Joint Fellows, Fellows of Faculties, and Affiliates of the RCPA. International members are required to participate in the RCPA program or an equivalent formally structured program in their country of domicile.
Participation in the RCPA CPDP is required for Faculty of Science Fellows who are in clinical diagnostic practice. Approved programs offered by recognised scientific or academic organisations may satisfy requirements for this purpose.
Requirements of the program are flexible, to accommodate the needs of different member types in various disciplines and jurisdictions. Please see the ‘Requirements’ page for further information.
RCPA CPDP Information Manual
CPD College Policy